- Online distance learning for all ages and skill levels!
- Composition lessons, Songwriting classes, Group music classes, Music theory tutoring, Piano Lessons, and more
- Study with a doctor of music composition
- Individual and group rates
Looking for music composition lessons, or online piano lessons? Want an online music teacher for your school, homeschool, learning center, or pandemic pod? Whatever your level of musical experience, I can help you learn to create music. You can learn music theory, songwriting, harmony, counterpoint, instrumentation, notation— all the essential skills you need to be a composer, make your own music, and learn how music works.
Music courses available:
- Composition Lessons: Study how to write music with an experienced academic composer.
- Group Music Classes: Online distance learning classes for preschool, elementary, and high school students. Learn music appreciation, music history, theory, and more from your own home or learning center.
- Piano Lessons: All ages and skill levels! Learn piano technique including how to read music notation, play by ear, and even improvise.
- Music Theory Tutoring: For any grade level from beginner to college! Build your music theory skills in harmony, counterpoint, ear training, notation, and music history.
- Songwriting classes: Discover how to create your own songs and lyrics in any style!
- Project consultation: Get professional advice on your work-in-progress, compositions, research project, recording, editing, notation software, and more.
I hold a doctorate in music composition from the University of Maryland. My compositions have been published and performed by ensembles around the world. (See my full bio, or read some Reviews and Testimonials. Or hear some of my music!)
For over ten years, I’ve helped students of all ages and skill levels, from preschoolers to university composition majors, learn music theory, songwriting, composition, harmony, and ear training. While teaching a college class at the University of Maryland, I guided every student from learning the essentials of music theory to writing a complete composition they were able to present by the end of the semester. Students have learned to write their own pop songs, electronic music, game soundtracks, and even full-length stage productions.
In composition and songwriting lessons, I work directly with you to develop a personalized plan of study that’s exactly right for your own interests and goals. We’ll work on the techniques you need to find your own musical voice, whether you’re interested in writing classical art music, making modern electronic tracks, or just having fun.
Music lessons are online from the convenience of your own home, studio, school, or learning center. Rates are reasonable and affordable. Group classes and individual lessons available. Inquire for details.
Contact me for more information about music composition lessons today!