What is “New Creation”?
New Creation: Hymns of Wonder, Love, and Praise is a CD of worship songs composed by Eric Pazdziora (piano, vocals) and performed by Carrie Pazdziora (guitar, vocals), Øystein Torp (violin), and Petras (percussion). With a diverse blend of piano-centered musical stylings, it explores biblical, devotional, and liturgical themes of repentance, forgiveness, grace, and new beginnings in Christ. Theologically rich hymn texts are set to beautiful new melodies ready to use in corporate worship and personal reflection. Some are new, some are old, some are familiar, some are obscure, most are a mixture.
What songs and hymns are on it?
- Come, Christians One and All, Rejoice (Text: Martin Luther)
- Bless Thou Jehovah (Text: R. A. Torrey)
- Kyrie (With Broken Heart and Contrite Sigh) (Text: Cornelius Elven)
- Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed (Text: Isaac Watts)
- Nailed to the Cross (Text: Carrie E. Breck)
- Song of Deliverance (Text: Eric and Carrie Pazdziora)
- Give to Our God Immortal Praise (Text: Isaac Watts)
- Have Thine Own Way, Lord (Text: Adelaide E. Pollard)
- Love Divine (Text: Charles Wesley)
- Psalm 30 (Text: EP)
- Immanuel (Text: C. H. Spurgeon)
- Lord of the New Creation (Text: EP)
The linked titles above take you to pages on this website where you can hear complete songs, see videos, and download chord charts and lead sheets. Check back for more updates.
What are reviewers saying?
A must-have. A haunting, beautiful, transcendent, and sacred worship experience. This is everything a worship album should be, really--with all the professionalism of a studio recording, but the dynamism and freshness of a live performance. Eric Pazdziora has neatly balanced hymn-settings with original compositions; his arrangements bring the most out of the songs. Solid, virtuoso background musicians enrich the performances. Each song is itself a remarkable encounter, a delight in the presence of Jesus. The album feels at once like you’ve known it all your life and like you’re discovering for the first time. Musical preference, or ‘style,’ becomes a non-issue; it is merely worship that can call anyone in. It draws your heart into contemplation and prayer. Even if--like myself, to be honest--you’ve no great taste for Christian music, this is an album to get. It will shatter your expectations of what a worship album can be, and will bring you into a new encounter of G-d and His Spirit. I look forward eagerly to hear Eric’s future work; meanwhile, I’ll be wearing out this album with listening. – Mr. Pond, review on Amazon.com
(Have a review of your own? Feel free to leave a comment here or on your favorite music website.)
Can I hear some selections from it alongside scenic pictures from Ireland?
Looks like it’s your lucky day:
Where can I get a copy?
Right here: Or right here with more options for downloading MP3s, plus listen to full tracks. Or, if you prefer, you can get the CD and/or MP3s through popular online sources such as iTunes, CDbaby, Amazon, and more. I’ll also be adding things such as lead sheets, chord charts, and song background stories to ericpazdziora.com. There will be more details here in the coming weeks, so at the moment your best bet is to subscribe to my RSS feed to be sure you won’t miss an update! The physical CD is easy to order from CDbaby, with some exclusive album art by Trinidad Zavala. Retail outlets won’t get it automatically, but they can special order it, so if you know any who would like it, put in a good word! Here’s a handy button that will take you where you need to go:
How can I spread the word?
If you’re inspired to support me beyond the obvious way (buying yourself some good music), here are a few suggestions:
- Share a link to the CD on your Facebook or Twitter or other social network of choice.
- Add a link or badge to your website or blog using this simple tool for CDbaby, or this one for iTunes. It’s cut-and-paste simple.
- Rate the album and write a review on the store websites.
- Order another CD as a gift for a friend (you save 10% on additional copies on CDbaby).
- Tell a pastor or worship leader who would be interested in using these songs in a church. (I’m also available for concerts and worship leading and stuff. Contact me.)
Chord charts, lead sheets, and 4-part hymn arrangements are now available for most of the songs on the album.